Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Travelers Speak

From:  Katie
Peru is absolutely amazing!! Everything is so beautiful and calm. I love it in Peru, and I do miss my family. It’s a little weird not having them with me on this wonderful experience, but in a way I am also kind of glad they are not here with me. I also want to say HI to Lily, Ali, Lauren and Jazmin. I am wondering how you are doing and if you see this. Mom, I want you to give Kodak, Fabio, Gilbert, and Jillia a big huge kiss from me. I am so lucky to be here and I am grateful that I can communicate with you through this blog to show you what is happening and how things are going here in Peru. I LOVE YOU!!!<3

From:  Hanna
Being in Peru has so far been amazing! I have made many unexpected friends, animals included. My home-stay family has been so nice to me that it’s insane. I am the one that can speak the most Spanish among Wyatt, Lea, and me, but I don’t mind. It’s good practice. The little kids in our new family are very fun to play with and the mom is an amazing cook. I have been eating way more than I expected. One of my many new friends is named Machu Pichu, or Machi. He is a black mutt with a white belly and paws. He followed us on the hike through the Ollantaytambo ruins. I haven’t had any issues with feeling bad or getting sick. *many knocks on wood*
I do miss all of my family: Mom, Dad, Brittany, and of course, Sophia. I hope Luna and Patch are doing okay as well as Jalisco and the birds. To Ali, Lily, and all of my friends, I cannot wait to tell you all the memories that have been created here in Peru.
P.S. Hi Grandma!!!! <3

From: Cadence
Hi friends and family! The Peru trip is going great. My host family’s food is delicious and the kids are starting to open up. I have been practicing my Spanish a lot because they don’t speak much English. The scenery outside our window is indescribable. I have become really close with all the girls in my room, and we have so much fun together. Everyone loves to play around with the dog Machu, who likes to follow us around on hikes and to the school where we work. Yesterday we went to see the Ollanta Ruins and Machu came too! I miss everyone, especially Posey (because Machu (AKA Carlos or Oscar) reminds me of her). I love you mom, dad, Piper, and everyone else. Peru is so far the best experience of my life. <3 J


From: Maddie Castle
VVVVVVVVVVVVVV
HI EVERYONE!!!! Again. Having an awesome time in Peru. We weaved baskets a couple of days ago. All the baskets look amazing. Yesterday we hiked up some awesome Incan and PreIncan ruins and learned a lot about how they were constructed and their purpose. Our home stay families are so nice and loving. Today we are going on a bus to a weaving coop in Chinchero, which should be really fun. Today is the first day we get to take pictures, so I am super excited.
Miss you and LOVE you all. See ya real soon. <3 <3 <3 J J J
Ps: (the mid-day moon), (straps), (vvvvv), ( And that’s maddie), (got to go count my gold fish)

0 comments:

Post a Comment