Saturday, March 22, 2014

Message Blogs

From: Will K.
After a couple days of staying in Peru, I am starting to experience some of the culture. I have been balling with the kids at Valle Segrado, and climbing ruins like a monkey. I think I had the best day on Monday. Last Monday was my birthday and I had two cakes. My host family held a party for me, and as I was posing for the cake. The little 6 year-old, Pierro shoved my face into the cake. It was a great moment with my Peruvian family. Also, we went on this adventure race. We walked all the way to the ruins, and I only fell in the sewer once. Many cows were being very disrespectful. They thought they were all that. They charged at Machu (the dog) and were being very rude to our travel group. Those cows were also talking smack about my family. I did not like those cows. The only reason that I am homesick is… I’m missing March Madness. However I did pay Coach Lemon 5 soles to give me updates from his Ipad. The Gators are gonna beat Pittsburgh’s tiny little butt. Peru has been awesome and a great time. I am so grateful to be on this trip. Oh, and the Schucking Condors are schucking awesome! Stay Classy St. Mary’s Academy,  Will Kosempel



From: Ryan F.
Sup yall,
I’m going to continue with the kind of stupid entrance. So far I have tried and failed to hang the ducking miles (Will’s stuffed Bronco) about ten times. Of all the things that I miss right now, a big hamburger, a giant hot fudge sundae and a decent piece of apple technology that is not the MacBook Air that I am writing on. Today, we will spend the day with our host family going shopping and doing other things around their household. When I get back, I must spend as much time away from Mathew and Will because I have spent so much time with them. Will has eaten almost all of my snacks and will not buy more because he will most likely continue to steal from me. Yesterday we did our own version of the Amazing Race and we finished with a perfect score of 15. Matt and Will are saying that the Cow that they passed on the way to some ruins was talking smack. I think that they have gone insane. I think that I will leave this trip with good meanings and other crazy stuff.  Peace out SMA, Ryan

From: Nick Falicia

Yesterday was mainly a work day. We first went to Valle Sagrado in the town of Urumbamba, which is a 30-40 minute drive from our usual place, Ollantaytambo. When we went there, the whole group of 28 split up into two groups. One group did the service part and the other group went to classes with the kids. There were all grades from 6th to 12th. Mr. McVie’s group and Mrs. Ashley’s group went to help paint the mural. The other half went to classes. When we weren’t paint we were playing World Cup Soccer. We chose Countries and yelled the country name when we shot the ball. It is tournament style thing. In the afternoon we went to our little school in Ollantaytambo and took out all the rocks in an open field of dirt so that we could put in grass for their new soccer field. It rained on us while we worked, also it got really muddy and eventually became really not fun. We eventually were finished and today we are spending our whole day with the homestays.  Yours Truly, From Ollantaytambo,  Nick Falicia

0 comments:

Post a Comment