Sunday, March 16, 2014

Bloggers Vuelven

From: Will K.
Hello everyone,
I’ve had a lot of fun in Peru, even the two days of travel have been so great. We stopped at the Soulmates Inn in Lima and then went on our way to Ollantaytambo. We had a three-hour drive through some of the most poverty stricken parts on Peru. There were numerous stray dogs that were scrawny and eating out of dumpsters. Also there was barbed wire and broken glass on the roofs of many houses. After a long drive we made it to Ollantaytambo. It was pitch black and we could barely see anything. It was not until morning when we noticed the very green, giant mountains engulfing us. We played soccer and many other games until it was timr to meet our Host Families. The mother of our family came right to our lodges and introduced herself to us. We went inside her house and saw her two kids lying on the couch watching TV. It was nearly impossible to communicate with any of the kids. They talked very fast and it was very hard to understand what they said. I made giant strides when I said “Quieres jugar futbol?” Pierro, the seven-year old jumped up and yelled Si!!! We played until it was time for lunch, and then we played some more. We later went on something that I called “Run around town for a few hours and get sunburned.” After that we met with our Host Family. With our host family, we watched Combate while we ate dinner. Peru has been a great time for me. I’m gonna sign out now.
Adios Homeboys.


From Ryan F.
‘Sup ya’ll,
I have been having an amazing time in Ollantaytambo with all of my friends. We got to Peru safely and had a nice long sleep at the Soul Mate hotel, and when I woke up we played poker and then had to rush down to the bus because we played for so long. We went to the airport and had to wait a little while but it was fun because I got to try Inca Kola, and frankly, it is really good (it tastes like bubble gum). The bus ride was amazing and very beautiful to see even though I slept through most of it. I share a room with Mathew and Will. It is a really a nice place with a giant courtyard in the center of everything filled with grass, and it is really nice to play soccer on. My host family is really nice but they are so quiet so far. All that they do is sit and eat and watch Combate. We are going to the ruins in Ollantaytambo and it is really beautiful (we can see it from the hotel). This morning we woke up really early and told Jon it was two days ahead and threw a wet ball covered with grass and dirt and other stuff. Will kept us up for a while last night with his Miles stuffed animal who I will hang later. Over all this has been fun so far but we have only been in Ollantaytambo for 3 days now.
Adios mis amigos.

From: Matthew M
Hey guys I’m having a great time in Peru.  The community of Ollantaytambo is so beautiful and the people are very nice. Happy Birthday Mom.  My home stay family is super cool. The showers are the coldest things in the world, and all of the stray dogs creep me out.
Stay Classy SMA.

From: Nelly A
Hi guys!!!! I miss you all but I have already had the coolest experience of my life. We are learning to live in the moment so I won’t tell you what I have already done. I have gotten sunburned, but now I have learned to keep putting on sunscreen. Love you guys and miss you all.


1 comments:

Merwak said...

Play is a universal language! So glad to hear that you are well and having such an adventure. Love you, Will K!

Post a Comment