Saturday, March 15, 2014

Today's Bloggers

March 15, 2014 – OLLANTAYTAMBO,  PERU

Blog Entries


From: Jimmy            Warren
Hello from Ollantaytambo. We have just traveled for two days and we are finally here. We had to fly (as you probably already know) from Denver to Houston, where we had to sit on the taxiway of DIA for a hour because of a sick person they had to de-board. Then we had a 2 hour lay over and next we boarded our plane for the seven-hour flight to Lima. Most of us slept, and others were wide awake. Then we went to a coastline hotel for the night in Lima. We then went to the Lima airport and had a 1-hour flight to Cusco before the bus ride here that took about three hours. And we had a fantastic dinner. Then bed.

From: Nick Falicia
We got to Lima on Thursday night. It was a very humid climate to start off with. We got through customs, all 28 of us, and then went to our bags from baggage claim. After that we went outside and looked for our nice hotel rep. He led us to two smaller charter busses. We eventually got to our hostel for the night after driving through a sketchy part of Lima. We stayed the night, ate breakfast in the morning and then headed to the airport for another day of travel. We got to the airport and then got to our gate for the flight to Cusco. When we got to Cusco after the hour of flying in which I wrote my speech for Machu Picchu, we met up with Adela, Randall, Javier, who all work with WLS. We got on another charter bus that could hold all 28 of us including the teachers and the WLS people. We were on our way to Ollantaytambo. We saw some crazy and awesome sights on the bus ride. All the seventh graders and the new eighth graders were in amazement. The five of us who are returning this year were just laughing at how amazed they were. In some ways they reminded me of us last year on this ride to Ollantaytambo. The darkness crept and pounced on us quickly, so before long we were driving in night’s light. Some of us (like me), tried to catch some sleep but the other kids with a bunch of energy kept us up by shining their flashlights in our faces. They also just talked loudly Making it tough to take a rest before getting to our destination. We finally got to Ollantaytambo and got our first Peruvian dinner in a place called the Red Rock but it was in Quechua. It consisted of a delicious homemade soup to start with and then a plate of fresh vegetables, rice and “papas fritas” that were amazing and which were homemade. We then ended it with a bowl of fruit with some juice making it all the better of a delicacy. After dinner we went to our hostel and talked a little bit about safety and then we went back to our rooms and got ready for bedtime. Jon, Jimmy and I talked for a little bit and brushed our teeth (for the worried moms back in Denver). We then went to bed. Jimmy and I woke up at 7:00 am our time and as I am writing this Jimmy is reading his book and Jon is out like a baby after a lullaby. See you guys in 11 days.


From:   Hannah Sapienza
Hello everybody! We have been traveling for the last two days but we’re finally here. We’re so tired! On Thursday we left school at 6:00 a.m. and went to the airport. We departed from Denver and went to Houston. We went out randomly to different stores in the food court for lunch, and then left for Lima. We spent the night in Lima, and then we took a really loud plane to Cusco. We then took a bus up the mountain to Ollyantaytambo.  There are stray dogs everywhere! They’re so cute. When we got to Ollyantaytambo, we had dinner, and went to bed. Now it’s Saturday and we’re ready for our Peru experience to start!

FROM: Meriel Upton
Hello everybody I miss you so much! We have been traveling for two days straight and it feels like we’ve been traveling for a week. First it was a two-hour plane ride to Houston, TX, then a six hour plane ride to Lima, Peru. Then we stayed in Lima overnight. We went back to the Lima airport and flew to Cusco, Peru. We are so tired, but it was also an amazing experience. I’m so excited for this trip and I can’t wait for it to start here in Ollanta!

From:  Sofia Avila
Hello everyone!  As my classmates have already mentioned (and in detail, if I might add), we had two long and tiring days to get to Ollantaytambo.  But now we’re here, and we are all extremely excited to experience what this new adventure has in store for us.  I can already tell everyone is making new friends, and it delights me to see us as a team.  We are all pumped and ready for all the activities prepared for us, but one thing that I haven’t really enjoyed so far is the freezing cold shower I took and the huge spider on my bed.  But other than that, I’m having the time of my life, and I can’t wait to see all of you!  Love you Mom, Dad, Emilio and all my friends and family!  See you soon!

From: Khaili Rowan
Hi everyone,
Well as everyone else said, we have been traveling for two days. It was awesome and everywhere we go is gorgeous!!! And everyone is like super duper cool and nice. I have an awesome group and an awesome sleeping group. Everyone here is super nice and where we are staying is super pretty. you can see the mountains out your window - so pretty!!! I miss Mom, Rhea, Daddy, And my favorite puppy Mughu love you guys so much can’t wait to see you guys and tell you everything, and give everyone a hug for me mom, even Mughu. And I miss my school friends. Love you guys so much miss you

From: Lauren Eppich
Heyyyyyyy everybody!!! #J,
It was a blast traveling with the SMA crew. So far, none of us have gotten sick!! Yay. I have already had the best experience of my life even though it has just started. My roommates are Khaili and Sofia. Best room ever! I have to say to my family, sorry I don’t miss you. BUT I LOVE YOU!!!!!! Just waking up this morning and walking outside. It’s breathtaking. All of the land is very green. There are many dogs running around and it is so hard not to touch them. The food is good so far. I already have so many stories. In our room this morning Sofia woke me up screaming that there was a spider. She even made me kill it! (scariest moment of my life). The shower is freezing but at least it wakes me up. Even though I’m not very close with the people on this trip, I feel like they are already my 2nd family. Love you all back home! <3

From: Anna Sophia W.

Hey everyone! So far I am having SO much fun in Peru. The plane ride was
really long but such a great experience. We are staying at a cool hostel and
I have great roommates - Gabbi and Lillianna. Miss you back homeJ. More later.




1 comments:

Karl Eppich said...

Lauren, we are so happy you are enjoying this adventure and not missing us. Remember you are making wonderful memories to carry over you lifetime!

Post a Comment