Monday, March 17, 2014

More Posts - From Monday Morning

From Haley
Hey friends and family, it’s Haley! How is everyone? I miss everyone a lot and I hope everyone had a great weekend. Today is St. Patrick’s day and I forgot something green to wear, but luckily I have Riley in my room and she lent me some green. Two days ago, we met our host families and I realized how much I actually missed them. When I saw my homestay mom, I ran to her to say ‘Hola’. Although I miss my family in Perú, I miss my parents this year more than ever. When I get back, I want to spend more time with them, since I only have around 4 more years till I go off to college. I have been having a great time. Love you guys!


From Riley
Hey guys.  What’s up?  I miss you all, for the most part.  J Goodbye, Braden.  I never said goodbye because you refused to wake up.  Happy St. Patrick’s Day.  My host family is really awesome.  The 8-year-old’s name is Garlet.  She is so sweet.  Each day during lunch and dinner we play Uno.  Ollantaytambo is so beautiful.  In the mornings the clouds cover the mountains that surround the town.  From our hotel we can actually see Incan ruins.  Everyone here is so nice.  We went on an around-the-town scavenger hunt and everything is in walking distance.  Love you Mom, Dad, Braden.  Peace out, Stay cool and Llama,    -Riley

From Jon Hustead

Dearest Henry,
We never got a chance to say our good-byes, I am heart-broken that you are not by my side. I feel like I cannot experience this trip fully without you. I see your face on the mountainsides, in the biggest clouds, and in the most beautiful sunsets. Amber I miss too, but it is not compared to my love for you. I am lost in a field of emotion with no leader, I am lost.
Til we reunite,
Jon Hustead

To the McElvaine’s and Tenenbaum’s, and our friends at SMA:
 We know our letter can never amount to the writings of Jon. We just wanted to say, “We love you,” to our family and we miss you very much. All is well. More later. We are leaving to work at the school.
Love from Lea and Geneva

0 comments:

Post a Comment