Saturday, March 15, 2014

Bloggers

From Chris:
Hi everybody! I am really enjoying Peru, and so far, everyone seems really nice. My Spanish speaking skills are better than I thought and I can at least communicate with the community, which is good. I like how everyone in the Ollantaytambo community knows each other. If my parents are reading this, I would just like to say I hope you guys are having fun. I gotta go now! Bye!


From Gabbi:
Hi everyone!
I am in love with this place. It is spectacular. The people are so sweet and the town and scenery are breathtaking. My host family is so kind and caring to my group and me. There are two little boys, Ian (4) and Piero(6). Ian and Piero love soccer and frisbee. They love it when Will falls kicking the soccer ball. The father, Abel, is making a wonderful effort to speak English with us. My host mom is a terrific cook. 
Mom, Dad and Wes, I miss you guys so much and I love you!!!!!

From Katie Rand:
What an incredible journey this has been so far. It took almost two full days to get to our destination of Ollantaytambo and is weird to think that today is our first day without travel.  It feels like we’ve already been a group for so much longer. I slept like a rock last night and woke up this morning to the beautiful mountain view out my window.  One of my favorite moments so far was waking the kids up this morning and telling them to open their blinds – they gasped in amazement since we arrived in darkness and they had no idea that our hostel was surrounded by tall peaks, unending green, and colorful flowers.  What a nice way to start the day! I hope my 4th and 5th graders, family and friends get a chance to see this blog and catch up on how we’re doing.  I feel so lucky to be part of this adventure!


From Martha
The Inca Challenge consisted of groups running about discovering important places and engaging with the people of Ollanta. Once we returned, we broke into groups to talk about expectations, concerns, and norms. We've played games of soccer and volleyball. We all had lunch with our Ollantaytambo families. Tonight, we will meet with a shaman and though he will speak differently, much of what he will share is universal. We send our love and thanks to everyone reading our blogs and viewing our photos. We feel your love.


1 comments:

Unknown said...

Que disfruten todos del pueblo y la gente de Ollanta. Espero leer mas "blogs" pronto y estamos visitando esta pagina como quince veces cada dia! :) Nos da mucho gusto ver a todos y "acompanarles" por Internet en este tremendo viaje! Saludos! Con mucho carino - Fa. Mastin Besitos a mi Gabrielita linda.

Post a Comment