Saturday, March 22, 2014

Evading Bloggers :)

From: Daniel
I have had a great first week in Ollantaytambo. We hiked up the Ollantaytambo ruins. Then, we went to the weaving Co-op where I learned how to weave a bracelet the way this culture has for over 1000 years. Later, we went to Moray, which was an ancient Incan experimental garden. Later, we went to the Salt Flats, which were large holes filled with salt. After that, we went to the Valle Sagrado school in Urubamba. We painted a mural there. In the afternoon, we had an Incan challenge, in which we had to complete 5 challenges in 2 hours. If we did well on each challenge, we got three rubber bands. Today, we finished the mural at the Valle Sagrado school. We are now working at the school to create a soccer field with nice grass. See you soon.
Love, Daniel

From Wyatt
Hi everybody. I have found that everybody here is really nice.   The little boy in our home stay tied the legs of the people by a rope and then pushed us over.  This week we went to a lot of ruins and the Ollantaytambo ruins were built to the shape of a llama. Also, Ollantaytambo is shaped like a corn.  When we went to the salt flats, the ground was white with salt.  Every one looks so happy.  Hope to see every one soon.
Wyatt

From Lea
Hi everybody. This week has been awesome. We went to see all of the Ollantaytambo ruins. We hiked one of them and at the very top you could see the other ruins that are shaped like a llama. I have gotten really close with my home stay family. The little boy is very cute, and it is so much fun to play with him. I have learned that it is very easy to communicate with them even though I don’t speak fluent Spanish. The parents know a little bit of English and they are very patient with us when we get something wrong. Yesterday we went to the weaving coop. We learned all about how the woman make everything. We also got to learn how to weave bracelets. It was a lot of fun. I have gotten very close with a lot of the people in my hotel. We all play card games together at night and we always have a lot of fun with each other. This trip has gone by so quickly and I am very sad to leave but I cant wait to see everybody when I get home. Lea


From Walker
Hello Everyone. I miss you guys at home mom, dad, McKinley. I can’t  believe how awesome and just stunning this place is,  I wish you guys were here to have all of the fun and experiences that I am able to enjoy .  We have done just about everything that we thought we were going to do except go to Machu Picchu. I can’t wait to get home and talk to you guys and just be able to tell you what I have learned from coming here. I hope all is well and tell Furgie  ( My dog) I love her. Love you! Walker

From Geneva

Hi everyone. Being here is one of the best things I have gotten to do. My host family is really nice and I have gotten really close with them. Yesterday and today, we went to the school and played soccer with the 4th graders. On Wednesday, we went to the weaving coop to see how they make bracelets, rugs, scarves, and hats. The culture and land is so different from what I’m used to. Everything about this place is breathtaking: the mountains, the roads, and the people. I feel at home when I’m here but everything reminds me of my family and friends. I wish you guys were here to experience this amazing journey with me. I love ya’ll and miss you.
CATCH YA KIDS ON THE FLIP SIDE, LATA!! Geneva 

0 comments:

Post a Comment